Purely Masti.. :)!!

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Baabul

I have heard and read so many reviews about this movie but somehow I actually liked this one. The concept of widow remarraige.. the usual chaddi-buddi girl and guy with one head over heels in love with the other and the other blissfully unaware, the love story and happy life in the first marraige, the turbulance after the guy's death, the efforts of individuals in their very own way to cope up with the problem, well not overtly dramatic but a very socially relevant social concept and not being a great fan of Amitabh's, me finding his role and potrayal perfect means something..

Ompuri, AB, Rani, Hema, every one's performance was good... for once after a looong looong time, I could actually bear Salman's extra sugary sweet performance!!!! that is also something..

Actually, the social stigma surrounding a widow is what I have been seeing since childhood and the courage of the filmmakers to deal with such a socially relevant concept has actually touched some chords in my heart and so I can actually say I really admired this movie.

All in all, contrary to the popular view, I actually enjoyed watching this movie... it is worth watching once.. not a great out of the world concept but something good to watch and think over.

1 Comments:

  • Widow remarriages were already there in Vedic times. Hinduism just polluted some concepts of Vedas.

    By Blogger Kalpana, at 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home